Island Recycle – Freeland
20014 S State Highway 525, Freeland, WA 98249
OPEN Tuesday-Sunday 9am-5pm
Need dumpsters, street sweeper trucks, or portable restrooms/toilets? Visit our services page here.
Please check in with attendant before dropping off equipment to verify acceptance, and fluids.
**Cash or Check ONLY**
- Batteries – from cars, AAA all the way up to LIPO tool batteries
- Lawnmowers – With fluids (gas, oil) $5.00 for push $10.00 Riders…. free if empty.
- All other personal household power equipment, generators, pressure washers etc. $5.00 If full…. free if empty
- Industrial sized equipment noted above $20.00…. free if empty.
- Electronics – Most Electronics, TVs, computer monitors, towers, tablets, laptops and cellular phones
- Metal – Steel, aluminum, copper, insulated copper wire (ICW), used beverage cans (UBC) and all other metals, household appliances
- Mattresses – Mattresses and box springs at a charge of $35 per
- Paper – Cardboard, Mixed paper, Newspaper
- Styrofoam – Clean Styrofoam only, no insulation, or covered Styrofoam
- Plastics – #1s and 2’s only. *3-5’s are considered trash for now
- Glass – Clean bottles and jars
- Tires – We accept tires at both Coupeville and Freeland for $10.00 ea
- Now accepting clothes, donations for the blind 2 blue containers, Bagged please
- Wood – ALL wood
- Vehicles – Cars, RV’s or ANYTHING with a state title, or affidavit.
- We DO NOT accept construction demo at this time. Permits are currently under review.
- Refrigerators, Freezers, A/C Units
- Liquids, items containing liquid and saturated material
- Gas-filled containers (e.g., propane)
- Household or Commercial garbage
- Hazardous materials or anything containing hazardous materials. We do not accept any materials that are regulated by state or federal environmental or hazardous substance laws
- Uncertified demolition waste
- Biomedical waste
- Asbestos or materials that are suspected of containing asbestos
- Lead paint
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Burned materials
- Telephone poles and railroad ties
- Any other materials that present a risk to our employees, our equipment or our facility, as determined by the Site Supervisor in his or her sole discretion
NOTICE: ILLEGAL DUMPING OR DISPOSAL OF HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES IS A CRIMINAL ACT THAT MAY CARRY SEVERE PENALTIES INCLUDING JAIL.